Invisalign Forest Hill & Dulwich
Teeth Crowding And How To Fix Crowded Teeth
If you have crowded teeth, you’re not alone. In fact, teeth crowding is one of the most common orthodontic problems adults face, affecting almost 24% of women and 14% of men. The great news is that with crowded teeth treatment such as the Invisalign system, you could avoid overcrowded teeth complications and move forward in life with a better smile.
Teeth crowding is the general term used to describe teeth that are packed too tightly in the jaw. When teeth run out of space, they start pressing together and shifting in front of and behind one another, resulting in crooked or overlapping teeth. In dentistry, teeth crowding is a type of malocclusion, which means your teeth and jaw aren’t aligned when you close your mouth.
You don’t need to change your eating habits, your speech is not affected, and the treatment is virtually pain-free.
All our Invisalign dentists at London Dental Arts Clinic in Forest Hill have official Invisalign accreditation and have been trained extensively in delivering the best possible service.
We also offer amazing orthodontics aftercare packages, and an unlimited guarantee on all teeth aligners.
Teeth crowding causes
Teeth overcrowding happens when your jaw is too small or narrow for your teeth or your teeth are too big to fit available space. Genetic factors are among the most frequent crowded teeth causes. However, crowding can also be caused by:
- baby teeth falling out too early or too late
- the improper eruption of a tooth or teeth
- having extra teeth
- past poorly-fitted dental crowns
- a tumour, cleft lip, or palate
- use of a dummy after the age of three
- prolonged use of a bottle in early childhood
- extended childhood thumb sucking
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders
Crowded teeth symptoms and complications
Teeth crowding symptoms and complications extend beyond aesthetics. Left untreated, the misalignment caused by crowded teeth can lead to more serious dental and health issues. Take a look at the top eight reasons why fixing teeth crowding is essential to your health and wellbeing.
Top 8 reasons why fixing crowded teeth is important:
- Realigning your teeth and jaw reduces overcrowded teeth pain while chewing.
- Teeth crowding treatment such as the Invisalign system may help restore confidence in your smile by straightening your teeth.
- Overcrowded teeth can rub each other, causing premature wear and tear.
- Misalignment of the teeth may cause jaw muscle stress, leading to neck and shoulder pain.
- Straightening crowded teeth make cleaning your teeth easier, which can reduce the chances of tooth decay.
- When teeth overcrowding results in crooked or overlapping teeth, it’s easier for food and bacteria to get trapped between them, leading to gum disease.
- In severe cases, overcrowded teeth can cause TMJ disorders with jaw tenderness and overcrowded severe teeth pain.
- Early crowded teeth treatment may reduce the need for major intervention later on.
Can our Invisalign in Forest Hill fix teeth crowding?
Invisalign treatment could be one of the top ways to fix overcrowded teeth, depending on your case. Start by finding an experienced Invisalign dentist in Forest Hill & Dulwich. Discuss what’s causing your crowded teeth and whether you need tooth extraction before the Invisalign treatment begins.
How does Invisalign treatment work for crowded teeth?
The Invisalign system for crowded front teeth or lower teeth in Forest Hill and Dulwich works by using a series of clear, removable plastic trays (aligners) that fit over the teeth. The aligners are custom-made and changed approximately every two weeks to move teeth into the desired position.
The Invisalign crowded teeth treatment has many advantages versus traditional braces, and you could enjoy benefits such as:
- virtually clear aligners without the look of metal brackets and wires
- a better indication of treatment time using your individually-mapped crowded teeth digital treatment plan
- a similar crowded teeth treatment cost to braces at some practices
- freedom to remove your aligners and eat and drink your favourite foods without restrictions
- the crowded teeth treatment results you want with less pain than traditional braces
- fewer visits to the dentist compared to fixed appliance treatments.