Dental Hygienist In Forest Hill
- Our team of hygienists in forest Hill are here to put you back
in control of your dental health.
- We want to give you a healthy smile that looks and
- Direct Access – did you know, you can book an
appointment with one of our dental hygienists at London Dental Arts clinic even if you
are not a patient of Us.
Preventive dentistry is the modern approach to reducing the amount of dental treatment required to maintain a healthy mouth and help keep your teeth for life.
Tooth loss primarily results from gum disease and decay. A proactive approach to the management of these causes, therefore, increases the opportunity for prevention.
While it is the ideal way to manage the oral healthcare of children and young adults, it is the recommended approach for everyone. Significantly, people with false teeth can benefit from early identification of conditions, such as mouth cancer and denture stomatitis. That’s why people need to see a hygienist.
- Making regular trips to the hygienist is crucial if you want to do your best to keep your mouth healthy
- It helps to prevent halitosis (bad breath) because we’ll b cleaning away the bacteria that cause it
We give the warmest welcome to our patients.
The best way to avoid Gum Disease
Everyone should make regular visits to the hygienist.
Together with brushing and flossing correctly, it’s one of the best ways you can try to avoid gum disease.
More than half of adults across the UK have gum disease, according to National Health Service estimates.
But many people don’t realise they have it.
If left untreated, it can lead to tooth loss as well as more serious medical conditions.
Gum disease has been linked to several major health problems, including heart disease and strokes.
Signs of gum disease
- Gums that bleed when you brush your teeth or floss
- Tender or puffy gums
- Gums that have pulled away from teeth leaving a pocket
- Loose teeth
- Bad breath
- Receding gums
- Gaps between teeth that were not there before
Through recommended treatment and a maintenance plan, the combined efforts of the dentist, hygienist, and patient can help prevent the need for treatment and avoid the historical pattern of fillings and extractions.